EUROPE DIRECT information relays
EUROPE DIRECT information relays act as an interface between citizens and the Union at local level.
The mission of the network is to:
- enable local citizens to obtain information, advice, assistance and answers to questions about the European Union’s institutions, legislation, policies, programmes and funding opportunities;
- actively promote local and regional debate about the European Union and its policies;
- allow the European institutions to improve the dissemination of information tailored to local and regional needs;
- give the public the opportunity to send feedback to the European Union institutions in the form of questions, opinions and suggestions.
EUROPE DIRECT – Carrefour europeo Emilia‘s activities
- publication and free diffusion (by means of e-mail) of a fortnightly newsletter titled “IN DIRETTA DALL’UNIONE EUROPEA”, which reports of news, tenders, partner search, and official documents drawn by the European Commission;
- collaboration with the ”Agricoltura” magazine, issued by the Assessorship of Agriculture of the Emilia-Romagna Region, by publishing the monthly ”Qui Europa” column;
- information promotion through the Internet and up-dating of the EUROPE DIRECT – Carrefour europeo Emilia‘s web site.
- search of laws, regulations and publication on the European Union;
- information activities and assistance to private organisations, associations, public institutions, schools, training centres, research or voluntary organisations, aimed at the proposition of European projects;
- partner search, with the purpose of setting up and implementing European projects;
- constant and direct assistance concerning the issues of EU laws, programmes and tenders, with respect to the possibility of support by the European Union;
- diffusion of information brochures and free consultation of several magazines and periodicals published by the European Commission;
- organisation of meetings, seminars and exhibitions;
- participation in fairs and expositions;
- travelling facilities for study and work trips throughout the European Union;
- set-up of various training courses related to the EU issues, depending from and in function of the user’s needs.
Within the EUROPE DIRECT – Carrefour europeo Emilia exists a special centre (unique throughout the European Union) created with aim of informing, making primary, intermediate and high schools aware of and leading them through the discovery of Europe.
Since the year 2000 EUROPE DIRECT – Carrefour europeo Emilia takes part of the European Network Eurodesk, (co-financed by the EC, DG Education and Culture) specialised in European programs for youth.
We are open to the public
Monday through Friday, from 9.00a.m. to 1.00p.m. and from 3.00p.m. to 6.00p.m.
English, French and Spanish speaking operators are available for assistance.